Monday, December 15, 2014

Determined.

I read my mom an article from my most very favorite blog the other day: Diary of a mom. This is something she has gotten used to, as ever since I stumbled upon Diary, every so often there is a post I just have to share with *someone* ... And usually, I pick my mom - why? Because duh? I'm kidding - because she is awesome, and also she seems to not think it completely weird how much I love Diary - Jess, her daughters, Katie and Brooke, and her husband, Luau. She doesn't seem to notice (or maybe she just is so completely accepting of me, that it isn't weird to her) the way I talk as though they are old friends.
Trust me, if you read Diary, you will feel the same way. The way Jess writes about things, she truly manages to make you feel as though you are there - you are her friend, as though she cares about you, personally. Through her writing. It is even more captivating to me, (I think) because I am a writer. And I only hope that I can make each person who reads this blog - that way. Let me clarify that I don't mean that Jess doesn't care about her readers - that is just the type of person she is - but to be able to express that you care just through the way you share, well, it is truly what most writers hope they are accomplishing.
When I write, I also want to be able to convey things in a way that make reading it easy - like you don't want to stop. I want to paint pictures with my words and have each reader feeling as though I am having a one on one conversation with you.  I want you to want to read more; and to want to comment, to have a conversation. I want to inspire and I want to connect and encourage connections amongst all of my readers. (*crosses fingers to have a lot of readers one day*)
So, why else do I absolutely adore Diary of A Mom - the blog, and her family? Because, it has answered the question of what I want to do with my life. I know what I want my career to be. Not the exact job, but I know without a doubt that I want to work with The Autistic community, and the "Observers" of the Autistic community to: raise awareness, teach acceptance, educate the world about Autism, create support for families who have autistic children/brothers/sisters/dads/moms/cousins.. I believe you get the idea.
Not only is this what I want to do, I am determined to figure out the steps to make it happen. I am determined. I am absolutely captivated by Jess, and her daughters. I want to help create a world where we stop thinking that neurotypical is the only right way. I want to help create a world where those who are Autistic don't have to adapt us "NT" peoples ways - but we adapt to them. A world that is a blend of NT and not.
And I will do it. I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment